16Gb/s Fibre Channel Switch with dual power supply
Model No. FCSW-1612-D02
The ATTO FibreConnect™ 1612-D02 16Gb/s Fibre Channel switch provides flexibility, simplicity, and enterprise-level functionality for small to mid-range SANs to enable high performance and low latency collaborative workflows. It is available in a 12-port configuration with a dual power supply and an optional 12-port expansion to extend your switch to 24 ports. FibreConnect is an affordable solution for consolidating storage on a SAN, which increases productivity and allows multiple users to more efficiently share resources.
The FibreConnect 1612-D02 uses the 16Gb/s 12-port upgrade kit, Model No. U012.
OverviewThe FibreConnect™ 1612-D02 switch is easy to deploy, manage and integrate into both new and existing SANs while delivering exceptional performance and functionality. It combines auto-sensing 2, 4, 8, and 16Gb/s Fibre Channel throughput with features that greatly enhance workflow processes. With Ports on Demand, scalable from 12 to 24-ports, FibreConnect enables organizations to grow their storage networks when necessary in a non-disruptive manner.
- Max fabric latency: 700 ns; Forward Error Correction (FEC) adds 400 ns between E_Ports (enabled by default).
- Aggregate bandwidth: 384 Gbps end-to-end (24 ports)
- ISL Trunking options: Exchanged-based trunking is standard with no limit to how many trunk groups can be configured. Frame-based trunking is an optional upgrade with up to eight 16Gb/s ports per ISL trunk.
- Port Speeds: Auto-sensing of 2, 4, 8, and 16Gb/s; optionally programmable to fixed port speed; speed matching between 2, 4 and 8Gb/s.
- Single FOS fabric: 56 domains, 19 hops
- Switch mode (default): 12-, and 24-port configurations (12-port increments through Ports On Demand licenses); universal (E, F, M, D) ports
- Port Types: D_Port (Diagnostic Port), E_Port, F_Port, M_Port (Mirror Port); self-discovery based on switch type (U_Port); optional Access Gateway ports mode: F_Port and NPIV-enabled N_Port
- Power Supply: Dual redundant hot-swappable power supply
- Complete SAN solution when combined with ATTO's 16Gb/s Celerity Fibre Channel HBAs
- Provides an affordable foundation for small to mid-range SANs
- Delivers full 16Gb/s, 1:1 performance for up to 24 ports in a 1U form factor
- Enables "pay-as-you-grow" Ports On Demand scalability from 12 to 24 ports
- Includes one SFP for each active port, ear mount kit and 1-year standard product warranty
- Web Tools interface simplifies configuration and management
- Quick Start Guide and EZSwitchSetup wizard provides easy set for Mac, Windows and Linux connectivity.
- Dual functionality as either a full-fabric SAN switch or as an N_Port ID Virtualization (NPIV)-enabled gateway
- Protects existing device investments with auto-sensing 2, 4, 8, and 16Gb/s capabilities
- Proven ATTO and Brocade interoperability with leading video and IT infrastructure vendors
- Low power consumption