8Gb/s Fibre Channel Switch
Model No. FCSW-8308-D00
The ATTO FibreConnect™ 8308 8Gb/s Fibre Channel switch provides enterprise-level features for small to mid-range SANs to enable high performance and low latency collaborative workflows. The FibreConnect 8308 switch is available in an 8-port configuration with 8-port expansions to extend your switch to 24 ports. FibreConnect 8308 is an affordable, pay-as-you-grow solution for consolidating storage on a SAN, which increases productivity and allows multiple users to more efficiently share resources.
The FibreConnect 8308 uses the 8Gb/s 8-port upgrade kit, Model No. U008.
The FibreConnect™ 8308 switch is easy to deploy, manage and integrate into both new and existing SANs. FibreConnect provides exceptional performance and functionality at an entry-level cost. It combines auto-sensing 2, 4, and 8Gb/s Fibre Channel throughput with features that greatly enhance workflow processes, allowing users to share media resources for applications such as HD video editing, post production, video-on-demand and complex databases. With Ports on Demand scalability from 8 to 16 or 24 ports, the 8308 switch enables organizations to grow their storage networks when necessary, in a non-disruptive manner.
- Max fabric latency: 700 ns with no contention, cut-through routing at 8Gb/s
- Aggregate bandwidth: 192Gb/s - 24 ports x 8Gb/s (line rate) x2 (full duplex)
- Frame-based trunking with up to eight 8Gb/s ports
- per ISL trunk
- 2.125Gb/s line speed, full duplex; 4.25Gb/s line speed, full duplex; 8.5Gb/s line speed, full duplex; auto-sensing of 2, 4, and 8Gb/s port speeds; optionally programmable to fixed port speed; speed matching between 2, 4Gb/s
- Single FOS fabric: 56 domains, 19 hops
- Switch mode (default): 8-, 16-, and 24-port configurations (8-port increments through Ports On Demand licenses); universal (E, F, M, FL) ports
- FL_Port, F_Port, M_Port (Mirror Port), E_Port; self-discovery based on switch type (U_Port)
- Complete SAN solution when combined with ATTO's 8Gb/s Celerity Fibre Channel HBAs
- Provides an affordable foundation for small to mid-range SANs
- Delivers full 8Gb/s, 1:1 performance for up to 24 ports in a 1U form factor
- Web Tools interface simplifies configuration and management
- Enables "pay-as-you-grow" Ports On Demand scalability from 8 to 16 or 24 ports
- Includes one SFP for each active port, ear mount kit and 1-year standard product warranty
- Dual functionality as either a full-fabric SAN switch or as an N_Port ID Virtualization (NPIV)-enabled gateway
- Protects existing device investments with auto-sensing 2, 4, and 8Gb/s capabilities
- Proven ATTO and Brocade interoperability with leading video and IT infrastructure vendors
- Low power consumption